Fender’s Vaporizer amp evokes the 1950s-’60s age of the Space Race, when the atom-age world became enthralled with spaceflight and spacecraft. When the wild flights of fancy it launched permeated culture everywhere from film and television to cars, guitars, appliances and more—everything was bright, colorful and flashy. Garage bands blasted off with guitar music, and legions of musicians who couldn’t swing pro gear bashed away on department-store guitars and amps.
Two 12AX7 preamp tubes, two 6BQ5/EL84 output tubes
• 12 watts (output power)
• Two 10” 16-ohm Special Design Vaporizer speakers
• Internal speaker disconnects to let the amp’s ¼” output be used for external 8-ohm speaker enclosures
• Two inputs (normal and bright)
• Volume, tone and reverb controls
• Spring reverb circuit independent of amp volume control; creates full, wet reverb for moody “late-night” vibe and approximates the sound of playing in a tunnel