Quality Recommended Honest Service

Traditional Values with a high tech twist

facebook logoSickampsSickamps
5.0 Stars - Based on 20 User Reviews
google logoSickampsSickamps
5.0 Stars - Based on 69 User Reviews

Guitar Amplifier Service and Repair Costs

We have created a basic guide to the cost of servicing and repairs for guitar and bass amplifiers.  We like to be as transparent as possible in our pricing structure, and rather than quoting on an hourly basis alone we prefer to give you a rough overall cost.  It is important to understand this is based on a straight forward repair.  


We have lots of experience and may decline work that we think is going to be uneconomical or where we don’t think that we would provide the best value service.  

Please note that these are our minimum charged costs and will apply once equipment is brought to the workshop and booked into the system as “received at workshop”.  This simply means that this charge applies if we look at the equipment and either it is totally wrecked and or beyond economical repair, it also applies if we are unable to find a fault as it is out time spent investigating and proving by measurements and testing to electronic specifications. In most instances for straight forward repairs the hour is the most you’ll pay but this entirely depends on the fault and equipment.


This cost covers our time to manage the ticket and goes towards the diagnostics and attempt to repair.  Around 80% of a repair is first in the diagnostics, the remainder 20% is the remedial or repair work and in about 90% of standard amps with standard faults the issue can be identified and resolved within the hour.

Solid State Amp Service

A comprehensive testing and inspection of solid state amplifiers to make sure they're ready to rock.
£ 90
  • Visual Inspection inside
  • Cleaning of all controls with DeOxit Cleaner
  • Airline cleaning of internal dust Fan & Heatsink
  • Thermographic check for temperature instabilities
  • Visual check for Solder Joints
  • Load testing to at least 50% saturation for 1/2 hour

Portable Appliance Testing

Make sure your playing safe. Equipment Receives unique pass stickers for each appliance as well as a PDF certificate which is often required by venues to prove electrical safety.
£ 8 per item
  • Full visual & Electrical Testing
  • Green Pass sticker on each item
  • PDF copy Certificate
  • Identify problems

Valve Amp Service

A comprehensive testing and inspection of valve amplifiers to make sure they're in tip top condition.
£ 100
  • Checking of storage capacitors
  • Checking coupling capacitors
  • Internal visual check
  • Thermographic check for overheating
  • Visual check of Solder joints where accessible
  • Preamp Valve check
  • Power Amp Valve check
  • Cleaning of cracking Pots & Controls with DEoxit cleaner

Popular Parts replaced during an amp service:

Below is a list of popular items we regularly get asked for cost.  This will allow you to add the service cost(above) and the below parts to give you a very rough estimate. 

We have limits that we will repair upto without further authorisation from you and can be found in our terms and conditions however we do always try to remain economical.  If we think it’s going to be unrealistic then we will let you know before you get an incredibly unrealistic bill. Please ensure you’ve understood this and the rates.  Any item brought to us for repair will automatically charged the minimum of an hour to cover our inspection and bench fees.  Should you not wish to proceed with a repair we will still charge.